With the increasing demand for spray pads in communities, are you prepared to plan for, install and maintain this type of play equipment?
If not— we have you covered with this training! Ontario Parks Association has developed this course to provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to work with spray pads. This session is the first of its kind in North America and has been an exciting addition our training line-up at OPA.
Whether you are an operator, supervisor, manager, or health official, you will want to attend this exciting course to gain a stronger understanding of this increasingly popular equipment.
This course will cover:
- Design philosophy
- Considerations (ages, collaborative play, inclusive play, sensory stimulation, motor skills, etc.)
- Selecting colours, location and patterns
- Types of fixtures (fibreglass, stainless, aluminum, fixed and removable)
- Determining shape and size
- Sequencing and determining flow pattern
- Surfacing options
- Considerations for construction
- Water treatment and testing
- Flow through, recirculation and retain and reuse systems
- Equipment (pumps, strainers and UV)
- Inspections (daily, pre-opening and pre-season)
- Ministry guidelines
DATE: May 18 and 19, 2021
*Please note that you will be asked to review materials and complete a brief knowledge check by May 18, prior to attending the video conference May 19.
TIME: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
LOCATION: Online - Webex (no account or download required)
OPA Member: $416.00
OPA Potential Member: $653.00
You will receive study materials one week prior to the event and be asked to complete a brief knowledge check by May 18 to confirm you have read them. Then, May 19, join us on Webex to listen a fantastic presentation from industry expert, Scott Bowron, participate in a Q&A with your peers, and take the final test.
Within 2 weeks of completing this course, you will receive a letter from Ontario Parks Association acknowledging your participation, new and advanced knowledge of spray pads, and effort towards helping us achieve our mandate of Protecting Tomorrow Today®.
This course is worth 2 credits towards your Parks Practitioner Designation.
Register above online. An invoice will be sent to you within 24hrs of registering. Payment can be made online through the invoice you will receive or via cheque (made payable to Ontario Parks Association).
Click here to read our registration policies.