Become a Member of Ontario Parks Association!
Ontario Parks Association (OPA) welcomes individuals who are interested in the development and maintenance of parks and open spaces, and advocacy for the protection of our environment. Members exchange ideas and current information on trends, technology and items of concern. Knowledge, interest and action allow OPA members to serve as responsible stewards of the parks and open spaces in the province of Ontario.
The OPA serves as both educator and advocate, to ensure a green, healthy future for the province.
Membership in the OPA is open to all residents of Ontario interested in contributing to the Association's mandate of Protecting Tomorrow Today®. Non-resident membership is open to all persons residing outside Ontario. Non-resident members are entitled to all privileges and rights of OPA, with the exception of having the right to vote and hold office in the Association.
Key Member Benefits
Benefits of membership include:
- Discounted registration for our Annual Parks Education Forum
- Preferred fees for all training events and parks-related services
- Notifications on timely and relevant issues facing the parks and open spaces field
- Online discussion forum
- Online resources (i.e. sample policies and procedures templates, signage, etc.)
- Free job posting on OPA website
- Subscription to Green Sward quarterly magazine
- Membership directory
- Networking opportunities
- Annual Awards Luncheon
- Preferred fees extended to OPA members from affiliate organizations
- Annual report
Membership Fee Structure - Click on the applicable membership type below to register now.
INDIVIDUAL LEVEL - $170
Restricted to one individual - membership and benefits are not transferable.
The Municipal Groups levels are ideal for municipalities, conservation authorities, education boards, colleges and universities, provincial/federal ministries or departments, environmental and community green space organizations, etc.
The annual fees for the Municipal Groups are based on the municipality's population size, with one membership price providing OPA member benefits to all municipal staff and elected officials (i.e. parks, recreation, roads, public works, community services, etc.).
MUNICIPAL GROUPS - Fees are based on population size of municipality
Conservation Authorities, School Boards, Small Groups & Associations - $170
STUDENT/RECENT GRADUATE - Free
Any full-time student or recent graduate (within 2 years) of a horticulture, parks or environmental program who has not yet been employed.
SENIOR - Free
Retired parks professional.
Companies and firms that provide products and services required for the parks, open space, leisure and environmental field are encouraged to join OPA as Associate Members. Our annual trade show is an integral component of our educational event and provides companies the opportunity to meet with professionals and individuals responsible for purchasing products and services essential to their daily operations. Click the link above to register as an Associate member - Level 1 (up to 2 members) or Level 2 (up to 5 members).
Additional benefits of Associate Membership include:
- One membership fee two or up to five representatives
- Advance registration and preferred exhibit and seminar fees
- Preferred advertising rates in the Green Sward magazine
- Access to the OPA membership list download twice per year
- Networking opportunities
- Website link - Associates listed by name and product/service, with link to company website
- OPA logo for promotional and advertising material
- Direct and regular access to OPA membership
- Preferred exhibit rates at many of OPA affiliate organization shows
For membership inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.