The Corporation of the Town of New Tecumseth
PARKS OPERATOR - GARDENER
Temporary Full Time (April – October)
40 hours per week
Reporting through the Senior Parks Operator, and to the Supervisor, Parks and Open Spaces, this position performs all aspects of work related to the day to day maintenance of Town owned gardens located throughout the municipality. In addition, provides support to all aspects of work related to the day to day operations of parks and facilities including spring to fall maintenance of parks, open spaces, other Town owned properties, as required.
- Requires successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Requires at least two (2) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Must have a Class DZ driver’s licence in good standing with a minimum of one year of experience in the operation of all Parks related equipment/machinery.
- Ability to operate and maintain safely and efficiently truck and trailer combinations, front end loaders, tractors and tractor driven equipment including gang mowers, chainsaws, hand and power tools and other park maintenance equipment.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, legible handwriting and ability to communicate with the public and other staff in a polite and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled turf maintenance duties in order to develop, maintain and repair playing fields.
- Maintains the gardens of the Town including and not limited to the following: planting and maintenance of all Town hanging baskets, barrels, and flower beds, maintenance of all Town shrub beds and Town facility and corporate building landscapes, trims trees, branches as required to keep all grounds in safe and orderly conditions.
- Assists with special event set ups, take down and clean up as required.
- Maintains the parks, open space and municipal property.
The successful candidate must have the ability to align with established goals and objectives and is able to create/follow plans and processes accordingly to deliver task and goal completion to a high standard. The Town of New Tecumseth values progressive ideas and actions;- the successful candidate will have proven ability to embrace change, be resourceful and to seek new ideas and creativity to maximize effectiveness to provide high quality citizen-centred services to our community.
Salary: Currently under review, plus 4% vacation pay
Start Date: April 2019
Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format
to email@example.com no later than 4:30 pm on February 15, 2019.
Please quote Job #2019-09 in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act
The Town of New Tecumseth is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
For more information and a complete list of current employment opportunities, please visit our website at http://newtecumseth.ca/town-hall/employment-volunteering/