PARKS & FACILITIES ATTENDANT
Temporary Full-Time (April/May - September)
40 hours per week – shift work and weekends required
Reporting to the Supervisor, Parks and Open Spaces and guided by the Senior Operators, this
position assists with parks maintenance, grass cutting, Conservation area maintenance, and
facilities maintenance during the summer months.
- Attending Secondary School.
- Must have some prior work experience.
- Must have a minimum Class G2 drivers licence in good standing.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, legible handwriting and ability to communicate with the public and other staff in a polite and diplomatic manner.
- Must provide clean vulnerable sector check.
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the duties of a Worker under the act.
- Parks and Facilities Attendants are assigned to assist in an area of parks maintenance, grass cutting, Conservation area maintenance, or facilities maintenance.
- Assists Parks Operators or Facilities Operators with maintenance activities.
- Operates equipment safely and works to maintain Town facilities and outdoor spaces.
The successful candidate must have the ability to align with established goals and objectives and is able to create/follow plans and processes accordingly to deliver task and goal completion to a high standard. The Town of New Tecumseth values progressive ideas and actions;- the successful candidate will have proven ability to embrace change, be resourceful and to seek new ideas and creativity to maximize effectiveness to provide high quality citizen-centred services to our community.
Salary: Currently under review, plus 4% vacation pay
Start Date: April/May 2019
Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:30 pm on February 15, 2019.
Please quote Job #2019-11 in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act.
The Town of New Tecumseth is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
For more information and a complete list of current employment opportunities, please visit our website at http://newtecumseth.ca/town-hall/employment-volunteering/