Title: Park Maintenance
Work Period: May to Labour Day
Location: Brant Park; Guelph; Elora; Pinehurst; Rockwood; Belwood; Byng;
Conestogo; Laurel Creek and Shades Mill
Pay Range: $14.00 per hour for over 18 years of age /
$13.15 per hour for under 18 years of age
Shift: 40 hours per week
Summer Employment for Students
Reporting to the Park Superintendent the park maintenance students are responsible for various duties related to the operation and maintenance of the parks during the summer months.
- Assist with the day to day operational duties in the park such as cleaning washrooms, collecting garbage and maintaining grounds and beach areas and cutting grass
- Perform trail maintenance and rehabilitation
- Ensure the safe operation and daily inspection of GRCA owned and operated equipment
- Operate various hand tools and powered equipment
- Carry out all assigned duties in accordance with accepted safety practices of the Authority
- Provide quality customer service
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of park facilities and activities
- Assist with Conservation Area special events
All successful applicants must possess their own Green Patch CSA approved safety boots, be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and be available to work the duration of the season and assigned shifts, 40 hours per week. We offer comprehensive health and safety training.
- Must be currently enrolled as a full time student
- Interested in outdoor recreational programs
- Previous experience working outdoors is preferred
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
- Experience with equipment operation including trucks, gators, riding mowers grass trimmers and hand tools an asset
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Some heavy lifting is required, i.e. picnic tables
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays
Please send your resume and cover letter (referencing Student Maintenance and please specify park name) by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please send your resume and cover letter as an MS Word document.)
The application deadline for summer positions is February 15, 2019. Applications will
be accepted after that date however preference will be given to those submitted prior
to the deadline.
Please be advised that interviews will be held in early 2019. For best interview
opportunities please apply as soon as possible. We will only contact applicants
selected for an interview.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process.
Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.