Executive Director: Green Infrastructure Ontario Coalition
The Green Infrastructure Ontario Coalition (GIO) is searching for a proven leader and passionate candidate to help make green infrastructure the new normal in Ontario. Adoption of green infrastructure practices is on the rise in all communities and sectors but there is still much work to be done! The Executive Director will be responsible for leading and implementing the Coalition’s strategic directions which include building and strengthening existing membership relationships, fundraising, leading business development, undertaking government relations and documenting the green infrastructure business case. This is a flexible opportunity – for someone full time or someone who may be interested in part time – currently envisioned as a one year contract and continuation dependent on performance.
It is time to take Green Infrastructure to the next level and you can help make that happen by opening doors, developing partnerships, building membership and winning the respect of other organizations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of business and strategic plans.
- Prepare annual operating budget and quarterly financial reports for steering committee approval.
- Enhance existing membership engagement and collaboration across the province.
- Sustain and build coalition membership, ensuring it includes organizations from a variety of sectors.
- Expand revenue and fundraising activities to secure funding for long term sustainable operations.
- Use external presence and relationships to pursue new business development opportunities.
Government Relations and Advocacy:
- Build new partnership relationships with funders, decision makers, and industry leaders.
- Represent GIO to external audiences to enhance profile and awareness.
- Become a trusted source for advice on green infrastructure for government and industry.
- Successfully advocate for policy and investment.
- Support efforts to implement green infrastructure through maintaining knowledge and developing tools and business cases.
- Proven experience with advocacy, government relations, fund raising and movement building.
- Experience with Boards and Membership driven organizations.
- Strong organizational and business development skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Able to work independently and be self-initiating.
- Knowledge of the green infrastructure sector, issues and science would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Proven ability to lead cross-sector teams and experience working in multi-stakeholder environments.
How does this position work with the Coalition?
The Green Infrastructure Ontario Coalition is an unincorporated collaborative alliance of organizations working to promote and support green infrastructure in Ontario. A steering committee of 11 organizations represented largely by their Executive Management oversee the development of strategic initiatives that are undertaken by subcommittees, consultants or staff of the secretariat currently housed with Toronto and Region Conservation Authority. Currently there is a Project Manager and some additional administrative support for GIO overseen by TRCA and directed by the Chair and Vice Chair of the Coalition. This position would report through the Chair and Vice Chair as representatives of the Coalition Steering Committee.
How to express your interest?
We are excited hear from interested applicants as to their qualifications and experience as it may relate to this position. You should send your resume and a summary of why you might just be the perfect person for this opportunity to the attention of Chair of GIO, Deborah Martin-Downs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BY July 27th, 2018
The fine print:
GIO is a not for profit organization so your salary expectations should be in line with this reality. We have approximately $80,000 set aside to support the ED in either a full or part time capacity for about a year. After that, your success will determine your future. Let’s chat if you are looking for a really great opportunity. Learn more about us at greeninfrastructureontario.org.