Are you a passionate person? Do you embody integrity? Is creating excellence important to you? Do you exemplify respect? These are the types of people we are looking for to join our team and help us to establish Friday Harbour as an exceptional all seasons waterside resort, providing unparalleled service and amenities.
Friday Harbour Resort is a resort living community located in Innisfil, Ontario. We offer our homeowners, members and guests amenities including: waterside dining, nature preserve, marina, shopping, recreation and leisure programming, special events, golf and more. We are continuously expanding our operations and are looking for exceptional associates to join our Friday Harbour Family.
As a member of the Friday Harbour Family, you will join our mission to infuse nature, luxury and brilliance into every moment.
The Irrigation Attendant is responsible for programming, operation and maintenance of the irrigation system. This role is responsible for reporting all irrigation concerns and turf quality issues to the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
- Assist in the preventative maintenance of the irrigation system and troubleshoot issues
- Responsible for the irrigation system scheduling and operation of the operating system
- Accountable for the water management of playing surfaces through scouting, syringing and hand watering
- Ensures parts inventory is maintained and organized
- Operates variable frequency drive pumps and Toro Irrigation control radios
- Responsible for programming, maintenance and operation of field controllers
- Installs and repairs pipes in underground construction (PVC and HDPE)
- Responsible for sprinkler head leveling and grading
- Accountable for the operation, adjustment and maintenance of sprinklers
- Maintain accurate records and daily logs of all pumping data including system usage
- Operate and maintain light duty vehicles, tractors, golf carts and golf maintenance equipment
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized pump house
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years’ golf course maintenance experience
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Understanding of agronomy and golf course maintenance practices
- Experience with irrigation system operation and maintenance
- Understanding of hydraulics, controls and valves
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be computer literate. Preferred candidate will have previous experience with golf course maintenance software, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be extremely responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
What will it be like to work for Friday Harbour Resort?
We are successful because our team is made up of exceptional employees who are passionate about providing luxury service. We are committed to providing associates a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents, encourages and nurtures skills and provides career paths allowing associates to continue to excel as a part of our Friday Harbour Family. Start Your New Path with Us.
*All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Friday Harbour is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
*We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact the Human Resources department with any accommodation requests.