Title: Security Guard
Work Period: May to Labour day (Potential of additional shifts until
Location: Brant Park; Guelph; Elora; Pinehurst; Rockwood; Byng;
Conestogo; Laurel Creek and Shades Mill
Pay Range: $15.00 per hour for over 18 years of age
Shifts: 40 hours per week
Summer Employment for Students
Reporting to the Park Superintendent the Security Guard will assist with the enforcement of policies and regulations within the conservation area to help ensure customer satisfaction and safety.
- To regularly patrol the campgrounds and day use areas to ensure public satisfaction and safety
- Enforce applicable Conservation Area policies and regulations on authority property
- Respond to complaints and provide good customer service
- Responsible for daily receipts and night deposits
- Perform grounds and building maintenance such as washroom maintenance and litter collection
- Must be currently enrolled in post-secondary education in Policing or Enforcement related discipline
- Must possess a Private Security and Investigative Services Act License
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Familiarity with the Grand River Conservation Authority and park policies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Must be able to work weekends, night shifts and holidays (mandatory)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
All successful applicants must possess their own Green Patch CSA approved safety boots, be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and be available to work assigned shifts for the duration of the season, 40 hours per week.
We offer comprehensive health and safety training
Please send your resume and cover letter (referencing Security Guard and please specify park name) by e-mail to: email@example.com. (Please send your resume and cover letter as an MS Word document.)
The application deadline for summer positions is February 15, 2019. Applications will be accepted after that date however preference will be given to those submitted prior to the deadline.
Please be advised that interviews will be held in early 2019. For best interview opportunities please apply as soon as possible. We will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.