Reference #: 102724
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Recreation Supervisor, this role provides supervision to all full-time and part-time operations staff for the Chinguacousy Park Family of Facilities which includes a seasonal a municipal ski hill, golf course, and greenhouse/growing operation, to ensure customer satisfaction and safety.
- Supervises the facilities team. Provides daily direction to unionized, part-time, seasonal and contract operations staff. Ensures compliance with Collective Agreements and Corporate policies. Prepares and reviews job requests, schedules and assigns work duties and reviews and approves timesheets and payroll reports. Ensures staff and external contractors follow all required regulations and legislation and comply with other applicable standards. Provides performance feedback, discipline and is engaged in the recruitment and orientation of new employees. Monitors and provides training to staff.
- Quality Assurance. Develops, implements and manages maintenance resources and establishing systems for preventative maintenance, demand maintenance, equipment maintenance, health and safety, energy management, security, asset management, housekeeping management and quality assurance. Supervises the work of external contractors. Authorizes purchases as per approved purchasing policies and procedures. Monitors and operates all computerized automation systems on-site. Troubleshoots all site systems, recommends and initiates appropriate corrective action. Manages facility based Capital Projects and participates in a multi-departmental team for the implementation of approved Capital Projects. Participates in the development, evaluation and transition of Request for Proposals and Tender contracts. Contributes to city wide multi-department initiatives (i.e. Corporate / Special Events, and projects). Maintains current knowledge of applicable legislation, regulations and related policies for facility operations based on “best practices” and industry standards. Ensures due diligence of risk management and health and safety training.
- Maintains supplies & equipment. Ensures proper inventory of maintenance supplies are on hand, monitors usage and evaluates product cost-effectiveness and efficiency. Ensures all WHMIS and Material Safety Data Sheet information is accurate to reflect inventory. Coordinates all equipment needs.
- Customer Service. Answers queries and responds to requests from internal and external customers and ensures emergency preparedness initiatives are in place for appropriate responses. Liaison with Tenants, and end users. Researches and monitors trends, customer requests, customer survey results to offer insight for facility maintenance.
- Budget. Prepares and monitors operating and capital budgets. Oversees and monitors operational aspects of the budgets to ensure efficiencies, reviews facility audits and identifies priorities in development of Capital Plan for asset preservation / replacement.
- Post-secondary Certification in Recreation Facilities/Building/Property Management (from ORFA / BOMA / IFMA / College or equivalent)
- 2 years Supervisory experience, preferably in a recreation facility or property management campus environment (indoor/outdoor)
- 2 years experience in facility operations
- Experience and working knowledge of building systems and related trades Knowledge of related legislation
- Experience and working knowledge of Ski/Snow industry lift, snowmaking and grooming operations, and/or golf course management an Asset
- Certified Ski Lift Mechanic (SLM) designation is an Asset
- Must have access to own vehicle and Valid driver’s license
- Basic Refrigeration
- Certified Pool Operator
- Standard First Aid with CPR ‘C’
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Permanent
Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by December 15th, 2017
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the competition.The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.