TRIAL GARDENS OPEN HOUSE
Date: Thursday, August 17, 2017
- 9:00 am until Noon - Landscape Ontario (7856 5th Line South, Halton Hills, ON L9T 2X8)
- 1:00 until 3:00 pm - Guelph Turfgrass Institute (328 Victoria Road South, Guelph, ON N1H 6H8)
Map to Landscape Ontario - Please note that 5th Line South is closed below the 401 so our offices can only be accessed via Steeles Avenue.
RSVP by August 14: Kathleen Pugliese at 1-800-265-5656, ext. 309 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Attendance is free of charge, we just need to know you are attending so we can ensure sufficient seating and snacks.
Bonus: Everyone attending this year's Trial Gardens Open House will get to take home a Canadian Shield rose, courtesy of Vineland Research & Innovation Centre!
Morning Session: 9am-noon at the LO offices in Milton (7856 5th Line South, Hornby, ON)
- Mycorrhizal (Root Rescue) research results on herbaceous and woody plants - Bob Reeves – Root Rescue Environmental Products
- "2018 Emerging Trends in the Landscape” - this will include new introductions, developments in sustainable landscaping, urban agriculture and wellness hotspots - Brenda Luckhardt - Sheridan Nurseries
- Invasive plant discussion and presentation centered on front line experiences with Giant Hogweed - Shawn Murdy – City of Guelph
- Garvinea Gerbera update - Felicia Vandervelde - Florist Holland
- Open discussion and ideas exchange
Tour of LO Trial Garden:
- On Display at LO:
- 164+ different rose cultivars planted in 2016 and 2017
- 18 different hydrangea cultivars + an assortment of other shrubs planted in 2016 and 2017
- 300+ different annuals and perennials in ground beds
Afternoon Session: 1pm-3pm at the Guelph Turfgrass Institute (328 Victoria Road South, Guelph, ON N1H 6H8)
Tour of Guelph Trial Garden
- All America Selections (AAS) judging trial
- ASCFG field grown cutflower trial
- Ground bed trial of approximately 400 annuals and perennials
- Container trial of 200+ annuals