Parks Oriented Chainsaw Safety Training
The Department of Labour requires that all Parks Professionals who use chainsaws on the job be trained in their safe operation.
This two day workshop will help satisfy these requirements by teaching you safe chainsaw maintenance and operating techniques.
The course will cover:
- Safety Regulations and PPE
- Identify and inspect all chainsaw safety components
- Inspection and adjustment of a chainsaw
- Starting and stopping techniques
- Safe handling of a chainsaw
- Woodlot assessment and hazards
- Felling techniques for trees greater then 5" dbh
- Bucking and Limbing
- Pole saw and cutting attachments
- Competence test
PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE PROPER PPE IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS COURSE
Class E Type 2 helmet, hearing protection, gloves, eye protection, safety boots, full leg chaps or ballistic pants.
June 26 & 27, 2017
8:30am to 4:30pm
Beaver Valley Ski Club (Main Clubhouse)
100 Pioneer Drive
Markdale, ON N0C 1H0
Lunch is NOT provided at this location – please bring a bagged lunch both days.
Register online, payment can be made via cheque (made payable to Ontario Parks Association) or by calling the OPA office with a credit card for processing. (905-864-6182, ext. 6710) .